Since 2010, PROJECT: youthIMPACT has been providing individualized approaches to empowering young people to make good decisions, become anemically sound, civically engaged, and more productive members of society through a comprehensive foundation that creates awareness of opportunities and activities for youth.
Our mission is to partner high school students with a positive college mentor to provide exposure for young leaders to learn, explore and grow.
We will accomplish this mission by nurturing the students’ natural talents, developing interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills, positive mentoring, expectancy of academic rigor, and increasing their moral fortitude, thus preparing these students to become productive citizens, college ready, civically engaged, and self-dependent individuals.
What we will Achieve by 2025
- 2,000 Young Leaders Achievement Academy graduates.
- Engage more than 1,000 college mentors to help change a young persons life.
- Complete 3,000 hours of community service.
- Partner with at least 20 schools (urban, suburban, and rural).
- Allow students to learn their top five themes of talent through our Jump Start Program.
- Expose students to diverse career opportunities in business, nonprofit, government, as well as, the arts and sciences.
- Recruit over 1,500 volunteers to engage students and mentors.
- Secure $1,000,000 in scholarship funding.
- See an increase in average grade point averages, attendance, and involvement for participants.